You wouldn’t be far wrong in merely plucking some of the most frequently asked questions you receive when meeting new clients and answering emails. Some of these should definitely be included.
However, there’s more to an FAQ page than that. For interior designers, there will be some questions you really wish prospects would ask but which they rarely do.
A great FAQ page combines obvious questions with tactical questions, together with their answers, to compel potential clients to hire your design services.
Below is a list of over 60 interior design related questions for you to choose from and modify to suit your individual business and target clientele.
• What does an interior designer do?
• Why should I hire an interior designer?
• When should I hire an interior designer?
• How do I choose the right designer for me?
• Why should I hire you?
• What is your style?
• What experience do you have?
• Can an interior designer buy more than I can?
• Can I buy something the designer does not source?
• Can I see more samples of your work?
• What cities do you work in?
• How far would you travel for a project?
• I live outside of the [your location] area can you still work for me?
• Can you work with me if I’m based in another country?
• How qualified are your interior designers?
• Why you instead of an in-store decorator?
• Can you provide references?
• Do you work with other trade professionals?
• Hiring an interior designer: How does it work?
• What is the sequence of phases that my design project will go through?
• How do we get started?
• What should I do before I contact an interior designer?
• What happens at the first consultation?
• What should I ask at the first meeting?
• How do I prepare for my initial consultation with an interior designer?
• How long will the first meeting last?
• What cities do you work in?
• How long will our project take?
• How involved in the process will I need to be?
• Will I be working one-to-one with a designer?
• How do you show the final design?
• What if I an unhappy with your designs?
• What type of projects can you do?
• Do we need to use your contractor or architect?
• Can you manage the entire project?
• What other services do you offer clients?
• Is any project too small?
• What is the largest type of project you can work on?
• Do I need a designer if I only want help with new furniture?
• How are purchases for the project handled?
• Do you have a speciality?
Fees and Regulations
• Is there a contract?
• Are interior designers required to be licensed?
• What guarantees do you give?
• Can you help us comply with Health & Safety legislations?
• Isn’t hiring a designer very expensive?
• How can an interior designer save me money?
• How do you charge?
• What will our project cost?
• How do I work out a budget?
• Do I have to make purchases through you?
• Do you charge for your first meeting?
• Why do you have a design fee and purchasing fee on the product?
• Why is there an interior design fee and separate charge for project management??
• How much will you charge to come to my home?
• Do you offer discounts for multiples rooms?
• Where do you get your furniture?
• What is the difference between an interior designer and an interior decorator?
• What if the designer imposes their ideas instead of getting my personal taste?
• Do I have to use a designer’s services for everything, or just as needed?
• Why do I need an interior designer if I already have an architect?
• How do I know I will get an interior designer that designs in the style I like?
• I don’t know what style I want – can you still help?
• What if an interior designer suggests a style I don’t like?
• Would you consider using eco-friendly and sustainable materials?
• Can you integrate my favourite pieces of furniture or accessories into the design?
• What is a mood board and sample board?
• Do you have fabric and wallpaper books to choose from?
• What are your company Terms and Conditions?
Would you rather a professional web content writer crafted and answered some of these questions for you?
As a trained interior designer with experience of what design clients ask and demand, I can help you put together a comprehensive FAQ page for your design practice. All questions and their answers will be highly relevant to your specialisms, location, clients and ethos.
Interested? Send me a message about what you’d like to achieve and we’ll arrange a chat.
You might also like: The Ultimate List of Frequently Asked Questions for an Architect’s FAQ Page
Creative Commons image attribution: Interior from Anna Hape
-- White Paper --
Web Designer - Copywriter Collaborations
Speeding Ahead of Your Competition - Why Your Design Firm Needs a Copywriter on its Team, from the Start of Every Project
(No email address required!)